Main page content begins here


Remove as many valuables as possible if you must stay elsewhere. While Fire Rescue Services is investigating the fire, an officer will accompany you to recover these items, and a record will be kept of what is removed from your home. Check for important legal documents, damaged or undamaged.

Emergency Housing

The Salvation Army, the Red Cross Society or Alberta Family and Social Services can provide you with temporary housing. If necessary, the Salvation Army, Red Cross and Edmonton Emergency Relief Services will also provide emergency clothing, food and personal items. In some cases, the Salvation Army or Edmonton Emergency Relief Services will supply essential furniture. If you have homeowner’s or tenants insurance your policy may cover temporary housing.

Try to locate the following items to take with you:

  • Identification
  • Vital medicines such as blood pressure regulating drugs, insulin, anti-seizure medication
  • Eyeglasses, hearing aids or other personal aids (even if damaged, personal aids may be repaired or replaced temporarily)
  • Valuables such as credit cards, checkbooks, insurance policies, savings account books, money, jewelry

For More Information


In Edmonton: 311

Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311

End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content