Barbecuing is a year-round pastime for many Edmontonians. These safety tips will help you to use your grill safely.
- Place the BBQ at least 3 feet (1 metre) away from the home, deck railings and out from under eavestroughs and overhanging branches
- Keep children and pets at least 3 feet (1 metre) away from the grilling area
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in the trays below
- Only use propane and charcoal BBQs outdoors
- Did you know? Grilling in the garage with the door open does not allow for enough ventilation and could cause an accumulation of carbon monoxide
- When lighting your barbecue, have the match or lighter already burning with the barbecue lid open before you turn on the propane
- Never leave a lit grill unattended and never move a lit barbecue