Tunnel construction and sewer connections were completed. The remaining work includes:
- Converting the existing double barrel pipe into a full sanitary pipe, to be completed by April 2017
- Surface restoration (road, sidewalk and lanscape), to be completed by August 2017
Out of a total of five conversions, only one is outstanding at 85 Street and north of Knottwood Road north. This work is scheduled to beging on March 31 and to be completed by April, 2017.
We are currently in the process of getting contractors on board for the surface restoration work (road, sidewalk and landscape). An update to all stakeholdres, including the community, will be shared when a detailed plan is finalized.
What Is Involved with This Project?
These trunk sewers are located at depths ranging from 16 - 30 metres below ground and the sewer pipes range from 2.3 metres to 3.5 metres high. There are four major components to the project:
- Tunnel excavation
- Installation of new pipes and shafts
- Connections to existing sewer pipes
- Conversion of existing double barrel pipe into full sanitary pipe
Construction crews make every effort to complete this necessary work with as little disruption to traffic flow as possible.
The project is scheduled for completion in August of 2017.