In June 2017, additional preliminary engineering from Century Park to Ellerslie Road was started to review and refresh of the preliminary design, bring the project up to current standards and reflect the principles of Urban LRT.
Capital Line South continues to be high floor LRT and is 4.5km long and includes:
- An underpass at 23 Avenue, bridges crossing Blackmud Creek and Anthony Henday Drive
- An operations and maintenance facility south of Anthony Henday Drive
- A combined LRT station, transit centre, and Heritage Valley Park and Ride facility on Ellerslie Road, between 127 Street and 135 Street
The park and ride is not a part of this project.
The current LRT work will look at:
- The possibility to add a station adjacent to Twin Brooks to reflect Urban LRT principles
- How the stations are integrated into the adjacent communities, with regards to aesthetics and materials
- Assessing 9 and 12 Avenues, Saddleback Road and Ellerslie Road, for potential raised or lowered crossings from street level using a Council approved assessment framework