About the Project
The roadway improvements project for Guardian Road/Lewis Estates Boulevard was completed in October 2014. Guardian Road/Lewis Estates Boulevard serves as the primary access to the Lewis Estates and Glastonbury neighbourhoods.
The work included roadway widening as well as intersection improvements at Whitemud Drive, Grantham Drive, Granville Drive, and Potter Greens Drive. Sections of missing sidewalk were replaced and shared-use paths were installed.
The scope of the project included:
- Construction of two new lanes on the west side of Guardian Road/Lewis Estates Boulevard from south of Granville Drive to north of Breckenridge Drive.
- Installation of new traffic lights at Granville Drive, Whitemud Drive and Breckenridge Drive/Potter Greens Drive.
- Reconfiguration of the intersection Whitemud Drive.
- Installation of new street lighting along the length of the project.
- An extension of the sewer mainline; north and south of the Whitemud Drive intersection to meet the requirements for this area.
- A new shared use path running along the west side of Guardian Road from Granville Drive to Breckenridge Drive.