Recommended Concept - May 2015
River Valley Road/ Groat Road Interchange recommended concept plan is now available for review.
Based on the public’s feedback along with technical analysis and policy considerations, the recommended plan maintains all existing movements in the interchange with improvements to specific sections.
#1 - Upgrades to Existing Groat Road Signalized Intersection
- New dedicated right-turn lane for westbound traffic turning right to go north on Victoria Park Road
- Right turn from Groat Road northbound to River Valley Road relocated
- Widen and realign the shared-use path down to River Valley Road, reducing the steep slope
#2 - New Signalized Intersection at River Valley Road
- Dedicated left-turn lane added for traffic traveling River Valley Road eastbound
- Improved pedestrian crossing at signal with curb extension
#3 - Improved Ramps Adjacent to Government House Park Access
- Redesigned right-turn to improve safety and sight lines
- Standardize intersection with roads at 90°
#4 - Improvements to Victoria Park Road Westbound to Groat Road Northbound Merge
- Victoria Park Road merge improves safety and driver sight lines