About the Project
The City of Edmonton will extensively rehabilitate the existing Kennedale Snow Storage Facility located at 5370-130 Avenue. The facility currently serves central Edmonton, including the downtown core, with a clay surface and storm pond for collecting and discharge of snow melt.
The facility will be upgraded to a modern standard consistent with other engineered facilities in the City.
The project includes:
- Rehabilitation of the existing engineered snow storage facility with hard surfacing and a snow storage capacity of 600,000 cubic metres and relocation of snow storage to the northeast corner of the site
- Rehabilitation of the south portion of the yard to be incorporated into the existing Kennedale Operations Yard
The City will address local impacts of rehabilitation:
- Maintaining local access during and after construction
- Visual impacts
- Improvements to Sherin Road
- Safety features, detouring and construction staging
Where We Are Today
Public involvement will take place to share the scope, timing, possible detour plans and other construction impacts.