About the Project
17 Street and 23 Avenue have been upgraded from two-lane rural standard roads to an urban two lane roadways with associated turn bays.
The limits of this project were 17 Street, from 23 Avenue to Silverberry Road, and 23 Avenue, from 17 Street to 24 Street. Ultimately 17 Street will be constructed to a 6 lane urban roadway and 23 Avenue will be constructed to a 4 lane roadway.
- New pavement, curb and gutter
- A shared use path along the west side of 17 Street and the north side of 23 Avenue
- Two access roads from 17 Street into the new Meadows Recreation Centre
- A transit loop road in front of the Meadows Recreation Centre
- Installation of a new storm drainage line for the arterial roads
- Boulevard landscaping
This project started late in the 2011 construction season. Stage 1 was opened to traffic on September 21, 2012 with the final completion of Stage 2 occurring in September 2013.