The Quarters Urban Design Plan outlines the urban design vision that is guiding the redevelopment of The Quarters Downtown.
The Quarters Downtown is emerging as the next up and coming neighbourhood and a prime investment opportunity in the heart of downtown Edmonton, Alberta’s capital city. Showcasing high-quality architecture and a mix of uses on the edge of North America's largest continuous stretch of parkland, The Quarters Downtown offers the best of urban living.
The City of Edmonton invites you to be a part of this exciting transformation!
- Over $500 million in public and private investments.
- Completed Developments - Over $250 million
- Boyle Renaissance Phase 1 (YMCA Daycare, YMCA Melcor Welcome Village, Boyle Street Community League Centre)
- Renaissance Tower
- Hyatt Place Edmonton/ Downtown
- Edgewater on Jasper, Phase I and II
- Planned Projects - $250 million
- Artists Quarters
- Five Corners Tower
- Ukrainian Canadian Archives and Museum of Alberta
- Boyle Renaissance Phase III (former York Hotel site)
- Other negotiations underway
- Over $70 million has been invested in The Quarters Downtown to upgrade drainage capacity, separate storm and sanitary infrastructure, complete streetscape improvements on 96 Street and 104 Avenue, and remediate sites for redevelopment.
- Additional infrastructure investments are planned with a focus on park development, further streetscape improvements, and property acquisition and consolidation to create additional redevelopment opportunities.
- 96 Street (The Armature) was constructed as a pilot “green street” showcasing low impact development technologies that slow the rate of stormwater runoff. The captured runoff will eventually be reused to help water the future Kinistinaw Park.
- Construction of the new Valley Line LRT has begun and there is a stop in The Quarters Downtown. This leg of the City’s light rail transit will be complete by 2020.
- Currently, The Quarters Downtown is home to 2,400 residents but will soon have the infrastructure capacity to accommodate between 18,000 - 20,000 residents.
The City has been leading the redevelopment efforts of The Quarters Downtown, and is looking for partners to build on the momentum. Ongoing development opportunities for The Quarters Downtown range from hotels to mixed-use residential and commercial properties to serve a growing market. The vision for The Quarters Downtown is that the area becomes a vibrant community of between 18,000 - 20,000 residents over a 20 year build out.
Please visit The Quarters Downtown for more information on projects currently underway.