Phase I - Tee Box Rehabilitation (Complete)
In Phase I, rehabilitation work at Victoria Golf Course will focus on removal of timbers on and around the tee boxes at holes 3, 7, 8, 13, 16 and 18.
- The project began in 2017 with removal of timbers and contaminated soil bordering the tee boxes
- This project will improve function of the tee boxes by removing deteriorating creosote timbers, which is a potential safety hazard. Restoration of the areas will include:
- Re-grading of areas where soil was removed and installation of new turf
- New shrubs adjacent to select tee boxes
- Installation of a new retaining wall alongside the hole 18 tee box
- New stairs installed at holes 16 and 18
- Construction of Phase I was completed at the end of 2018 (began in summer 2018)
Phase II - Course Rehabilitation and Landscaping
In Phase II, rehabilitation work will focus on improving golf course traffic circulation by upgrading the cart paths. Multiple high-traffic paths will be converted to asphalt and designed for better access and circulation. This phase will involve some changes to course design to improve drainage and durability, including removal of the sand trap at hole 18 and redesign of the tee boxes at holes 3, 12, 14, 16, and 18.
- Rehabilitation work will improve circulation at the course and includes:
- Removal of shale cart paths throughout the golf course
- Re-grading of removal areas
- Replacement with asphalt cart paths
- Restoration to turf in areas where cart paths are no longer needed
- Redesign of tee boxes which includes sub drainage and irrigation
Phase III - Victoria Clubhouse Elevator
In Phase III, minor clubhouse renovations will improve public access to the second floor with the addition of an elevator to the main lobby. This phase is currently under design.