About the Project
The Lansdowne Staircase and Trail project was initiated to improve connectivity between Lansdowne Drive and the shared pathway running along Whitemud Drive that connects to Snow Valley and Whitemud Creek trails.
Through community feedback, as well as information gathered from studies and geotechnical investigation, the decision was made to construct a paved trail from Lansdowne Drive to a new staircase connecting to the path below.
Construction is expected to begin summer 2020 and be completed by fall 2020. There will be limited access from this portion of Lansdowne Drive. Alternate access to the trails below is located at 122 Street and Whitemud Drive.
- Summer/fall - construction
- Winter/spring - environmental impact assessment & site location study
- Summer/fall - detailed design and approvals to build
- Spring/summer - feasibility and geotechnical investigation
- Summer/fall - concept development
- Fall/winter - preliminary design