About the Project
The Lansdowne Staircase and Trail project was initiated to improve connectivity between Lansdowne Drive and the shared pathway running along Whitemud Drive that connects to Snow Valley and Whitemud Creek trails.
Through community feedback, as well as information gathered from studies and geotechnical investigation, the decision was made to construct a paved trail from Lansdowne Drive to a new staircase connecting to the path below.
Construction began in summer 2020 and was completed in September 2020. The Lansdowne staircase and trail project was completed on time and on budget.
- Summer/fall - construction
- Winter/spring - environmental impact assessment & site location study
- Summer/fall - detailed design and approvals to build
- Spring/summer - feasibility and geotechnical investigation
- Summer/fall - concept development
- Fall/winter - preliminary design