The Buena Vista / Laurier Park Master Plan will guide the development, use and management of the park area over the next ten years. It will also provide strategic direction and guidelines to address increasing user demands being placed on the park, and the need to upgrade or replace ageing infrastructure.
A park master plan is a high level strategic document that:
- Provides a vision and clear sense of direction for the park
- Incorporates the City’s Vision, strategic planning initiatives and policies
- Integrates with other City plans and initiatives
- Identifies public needs and priorities and guides the City to achieve high standards for public parks and green spaces
- Provides direction for environmental protection