Emily Murphy Park stairs are currently under construction with completion anticipated in spring 2020. Please watch and be aware of construction and safety signage. Thank you for your patience.
About this Project
The Emily Murphy Park trail system includes a series of staircases that connect Emily Murphy Park to Saskatchewan Drive. The current stairs do not meet City standards. There is noticeable ground erosion and a high drop-off to the ground. The flights of stairs are not stable and can be easily shifted, while the granular paths connecting each flight of stairs need rehabilitation to improve safety for users. The lower stair connection does not link to an established trail but to a goat trail.
- Replace stairs to meet current City standards
- Improve granular path conditions between stair flights
- Improve safety for users
- Improve access for trail maintenance equipment
- Link a connection point from the lower stair to an established granular trial
- Mitigate erosion issues within proximity of the stairs, beneath the stairs and granular trial connections
2020: Estimated completion of build in spring
2017: Detailed design and public information activities
2016: Public information activities and environmental impact assessment