River Valley Alliance capital projects locations map.
This initiative will build on the river as a natural connection between municipalities by increasing options for water access, allowing travel along the river and supporting the regional park concept.
- Whitemud Park (dock)
- Laurier/Buena Vista Park (dock and hand launch)
- William Hawrelak Park (dock)
- Emily Murphy Park (dock and hand launch)
- Rossdale (dock)
- Dawson Park (dock)
- Capilano Park/50th Street (dock, hand launch and upgrades to existing vehicle launch )
See the overall site location map.
Preliminary Site Designs
The preliminary design for the Rossdale dock is still to be completed.
The site environmental reviews can be viewed in the November 2, 2016, Urban Planning Committee meeting minutes.
- The proposed Whitemud Park site was brought back to the Urban Planning Committee on March 1, 2017. Council requested that Administration select an alternate site upstream from Whitemud Creek. This work is ongoing.
- Due to ongoing construction of the Walterdale Bridge, the potential environmental impacts of the Rossdale dock could not be assessed at this time. A complete environmental screening for this dock will take place at a later date.
The boat docks and launches budget is $2 million and is being funded by the River Valley Alliance, the provincial and federal governments, and the City of Edmonton.