This neighbourhood recreation centre is proposed to be 10,100 sq feet. This facility will include:
- a gymnasium designed to meet the needs of a variety of sport/recreation groups. This space will accommodate at one time either basketball (1 full court or 2 half courts), volleyball (1 court), badminton (3 courts) or floor hockey (1 court).
- a large kitchen designed to function as a community teaching facility for the preparation of meals and to support facility programs and large neighbourhood events. It will also have a concession window with direct access to the outdoors.
- a multi-purpose room intended to be used for meetings, seminars, celebrations, guest lectures and space to accommodate a variety of children, youth and senior programming activities. This room can be divided into two separate rooms and each side equipped with storage and sink.
- a preschool room has been provided to accommodate up to 18 preschool age children. This room will have a storage, a kitchenette, a direct link to an outdoor child-minding area and a small washroom with fixtures that are kid-height.
- also in the building are two offices for the Abbottsfield Recreation Centre Society, a welcome desk and storage space.
To see representations of the exterior and interior amenities, floor plans and site map, see the Abbottsfield Recreation Centre Renderings Photo Gallery.