As one of Edmonton’s oldest neighbourhoods, McCauley is located just north east of the downtown core. Bordered by adjacent neighbourhoods Boyle Street, Central McDougall, Cromdale, Parkdale, Alberta Avenue and Spruce Avenue, McCauley offers a unique multicultural experience.
McCauley Community Vision
"We are proud of McCauley as a vibrant, safe, colourful and diverse neighbourhood. As we plan for its growth, we are guided by principles of sustainability, inclusivity, preservation and beauty. At the same time - with gusto - we embrace ideas of community connectedness and vitality for all those who walk our sidewalks, reside in our homes, work and shop in our businesses and are cared for in our neighbourhood."
McCauley's Revitalization Goals
- Improving safety in the community
- Celebrating the community
- Building the community
- Providing sustainable housing and service options
Highlights for the area
- Improve the area and make it safer for all residents, businesses, and citizens who visit
- Enhance Chinatown with 106 avenue streetscape, lighting, and sidewalk decorations
- Improve 107A Ave streetscape
- Include pocket areas in McCauley into new residential infill and community parks design
- Improve Little Italy to increase the size and development heading north on 95 Street
- Develop plans for the multicultural tea house along 107A Ave
- Create a community hub where coffee houses and other events can be housed and staged