- The City has the sole and absolute discretion whether to approve or deny any Application and Renewal Application.
- The City at all times remains the exclusive owner of all benches, plaques and chattels associated with the Legacy Program.
- The City will only accept charitable donations to the Legacy Program which are tax-deductible under Canada Revenue Agency legislation and guidelines.
- Tax receipts will be issued by the City to the Donor(s) in the following calendar year in which the donation is received, typically in late February and prior to April.
- The Legacy Program is strictly limited to honouring individuals and non-commercial special occasions. The Legacy Program cannot be used to further any commercial interest.
- Location is subject to availability and final approval by the City.
- Bench styles for dedication vary by location, and are subject to change.
- The City may, in its sole discretion, temporarily or permanently relocate the bench or plaque for reasons such as safety, maintenance, construction, or park redevelopment. The City will use reasonable efforts to notify the Donor of changes.
- The City does not guarantee that the bench will have a clear view free from obstruction during the Commemoration Period. The view may change for many reasons including but not limited to construction, vegetation growth, and tree planting.
The Legacy Program provides citizens an opportunity to honour loved ones or celebrate special occasions through a commemorative plaque displayed on benches at the Muttart Conservatory and City of Edmonton Golf Courses.
All charitable donations received from individuals are used by the City of Edmonton for the purpose of enhancing and beautifying parkland and public spaces for the benefit of all Edmontonians.