- The City has the sole and absolute discretion whether to approve or deny any application and renewal application.
- The City at all times remains the exclusive owner of all trees, plaques, and pedestals associated with the Commemorative Tree Program.
- The City will only accept charitable donations to the Commemorative Tree Program which are tax-deductible under Canada Revenue Agency legislation and guidelines.
- Tax receipts will be issued by the City to the donor(s) in the following calendar year in which the donation is received, typically in late February and prior to April.
- The Commemorative Tree Program is strictly limited to honouring individuals and non-commercial special occasions. The Commemorative Tree Program cannot be used to further any commercial interest.
- Location is subject to availability and final approval by the City.
- Tree species for dedication vary by location and are subject to change.
- The City may, in its sole discretion, temporarily or permanently relocate the tree, pedestal and plaque for reasons such as safety, maintenance, construction or park redevelopment. The City will use reasonable efforts to notify the donor of changes.
The Commemorative Tree Program provides citizens an opportunity to honour loved ones or celebrate special occasions through a commemorative plaque and pedestal displayed near trees in the City’s parks and open spaces.
All charitable donations received from individuals are used by the City of Edmonton (the “City”) for the purpose of enhancing and beautifying parkland and public spaces for the benefit of all Edmontonians.