All dead, dying and stressed trees are recorded and either removed or monitored.

About the Service

Forestry personnel assess City trees on an annual basis.

The information gathered by the tree assessment team is used to provide extra watering and fertilization to stressed trees.

Information on tree pests are also provided to pest management staff for monitoring and treatment.

Any tree assessed as posing a liability or hazard to persons or property will be removed on a priority basis.

How Do I Obtain the Service?

If you noticed an unhealthy tree, or a tree on City owned property that is a safety obstruction, you may contact us by phone, email or by using our self-service reporting tool.

To help speed up the response time and provide further details about the issue and location of the concern, you may attach a photo to the request.

Report a:

Dead Tree

Overgrown Tree

Tree/Branch Damage (If this is a safety hazard, please contact 311 by phone.)

An inventory map of all City trees is available from our open data catalogue.

By Phone 311
What the City does with your request

 The City will assess the condition of the tree and remove or monitor it. Pruning may occur for trees causing a safety obstruction. 

Contact the City About This Service

311 Contact Centre

Online Contact 311 Online

If you are calling from outside of Edmonton: 780-442-5311

Telephone 311
TTY 780-944-5555