A guideline about how to maintain the lot grading in good shape
If you are unable to settle on satisfactory drainage arrangements with your neighbour, you can contact the City to investigate.
Drainage Services responds to drainage related complaints received from property owners who experienced surface drainage problems on their own lot or disputes with neighbouring properties.
Call 311 or 780-496-5576 for your complaint related to surface drainage problems.
- In response to the inquiry, Drainage Services provides information related to surface drainage problems, and lot grading.
- Drainage Services will investigate your concerns when you have informed us that you have consulted with your neighbour and are unable to find a solution.
- A Lot Grading Inspector will conduct a visual inspection to identify all Drainage Bylaw violations related to the complaint, including the surface drainage evaluation on your own property.
- Property owners must then take steps to comply with the bylaw.
Normally, when you are experiencing surface drainage problems, there are several things you can do before calling for complaint:
- Check your own surface drainage, and FAQ section for answers about common drainage disputes
- Talk to your neighbours to work out solutions. They may not realize there is a problem
- Consult a professional, such as a landscaper or foundation drainage expert
- If property has been damaged, try mediation (see related links) before considering legal action against the offender