The Leisure Access Program (LAP) allows eligible low-income Edmontonians to access participating City of Edmonton recreation facilities through an annual pass or a subsidized monthly pass.
The City of Edmonton is proud to introduce a recently (July 4, 2017) expanded Leisure Access Program to make the program more accessible for more low-income Edmontonians. If you are already a member of the Leisure Access Program, then nothing has changed. However, if you didn’t qualify before because you were over the previous income threshold, then you might qualify today.
All applicants will automatically be considered for the Ride Transit Program.
Take a look at our Leisure Access Program brochure to learn more about this exciting program.
What is Included?
The LAP Annual Program is valid for one year from issue date. There is a $5 fee to replace lost cards. The LAP Annual Program includes:
- Unlimited, free admission to participating facilities
- 75% discount for 3 registered programs.*
- 75% discount for 4 registered programs.*
- 75% off the cost of materials for registered and applicable City Arts Centre programs. Some conditions do apply.
- Access to 1 bucket per day at Victoria Driving Range.
- Access to the Reuse Centre for 24 free visits per year.
*1 round of golf is considered 1 registered program. Tee times must be booked in advance. One admission to drop-in Shinny Hockey at City of Edmonton Arenas is considered 1 registered program. One Reuse Centre workshop is considered 1 registered program.
Monthly pass holders are entitled to:
Discounted monthly admission to participating facilities
- Individual: $20/month
- Family: $70/month
Note: Fort Edmonton Park, registered program discounts (including golf) and the 1 bucket per day at Victoria Driving Range are not included in the monthly pass.
You may qualify if you are an Edmonton resident and one of the following applies:
- You are on AISH
- You are a new immigrant or a refugee (To qualify, you must have been in Canada less than one year and have not filed a tax return)
- You are a child under government care
- Your household income is included in the amounts listed below:
|People in Household||Household Income for LAP Annual Program||Household Income for LAP Monthly Pass|
|1||$27,444||$27,445 - $31,186|
|2||$34,167||$34,168 - $38,826|
|3||$42,004||$42,005 - $47,731|
|4||$50,998||$50,999 - $57,953|
|5||$57,841||$57,842 - $65,729|
|6||$65,234||$65,235 - $74,139|
|7+||$72,630||$72,631 - $82,534|
Eligible household is yourself, your partner/spouse and dependent children 17 years of age or younger. Income thresholds are subject to change based on Canada Revenue Agency low-income cut off numbers.
Add the total incomes from line 150 of last year’s Income Tax Notice of Assessment (NOA) for the main applicant and their partner/spouse (if applicable). You are eligible if your household income is equal to or less than the amount shown above with the number of eligible household numbers.
Who Does Not Qualify?
- Those who have a household income higher than the range shown above for the LAP Monthly Pass
- Full time students at University of Alberta, NAIT or MacEwan University without children
How to Apply
- Print the Leisure Access and Ride Transit Programs Application Form. The form is also available:
- At any City of Edmonton participating facilities
- At 2nd Floor, Edmonton Tower, 10111 104 Avenue NW, Mon-Fri, 8am-4:30pm
- By calling 311 to have one mailed to you
- For individuals under custodial care, please also submit the address verification form
- For individuals under government care, please also submit the consent for release of information form
- Mail your completed application to:
Leisure Access Program
PO Box 2359
Edmonton, AB T5J 2R7
We do not accept emailed or faxed forms.
Due to the volume of applications received, processing times are approximately 2 - 3 weeks. If you have not received any notice after 4 weeks, please call us and we will check the status of your application.
The Leisure Access and Ride Transit Program application will also assess your eligibility for Edmonton Transit Service’s Ride Transit, our new transit program that offers monthly transit passes to eligible low-income Edmontonians at a rate of $35/month. If you have an income below the ETS Ride program’s low-income threshold, you will automatically be considered for this program. You are not required to complete an additional application form.
Learn more about Ride Transit by visiting edmonton.ca/ridetransit.
Proudly working with: