Help make our city more beautiful!
The City of Edmonton has a number of programs that allow citizens to plant vegetables, flowers, trees, and shrubs on public property. Please visit the following webpages depending on what you would like to plant:
- Vegetables - Start a community garden
- Flowers and shrubs in existing beds - Participate in the Partners in Parks program
- Trees and shrubs naturally found in Edmonton - If you would like to plant in naturalized areas, volunteer with Root for Trees
- Adding plant material to or landscaping the boulevard in front of your home - Visit Road Rights of Way and view the guidelines.
- Trees, shrubs or flowers in landscaped parks and green spaces - Please complete the online form below. This process is suitable for one to three trees or shrubs, or for small plants like flowers. For large community landscaping projects please reference the Community Led Construction Project Guide
Request to plant on public property
- Purchase trees, shrubs, flowers or other plant material for planting in landscaped parks and green spaces
- Plant them yourself or with your own group of volunteers in your neighbourhood
- Take care of your beautiful contribution by signing a Partners in Parks agreement
- Submit request
- There is no cost for approval. Please allow up to 4 weeks for processing and review
Why we need to review your request
We want your contribution to last a long time. Your plan will be reviewed with/for:
- Overall plans for the area so it will not be disturbed by planned construction.
- Proper plant spacing. Different plants need different amount of room to grow.
- Compared against the utilities in the area to make sure it is safe to plant.
- Any other conflicts that may reduce the success of your project.