Applications are now closed.
Applications for the 2021 Pop Up Community Gardens are now closed. The City is currently performing the adjudication process based on the following criteria (in random order):
- Preference for proposed gardens to be located on hard surfaces or access by way of hard surfaces such as pavement, cement or gravel
- Preference for increasing the distribution of gardens throughout the City
- Considerations to social vulnerability in the proposed garden location
- Higher priority to those disproportionately impacted by COVID-19
- Demonstrate initiatives to utilize the pop-up community gardens to benefit the community beyond participating gardeners
- Willingness to create a plan or organize gardening groups to facilitate the operations of Pop-Up Community Gardens
- Operational logistics about planter delivery and watering. Approval to access water for the garden from an adjacent water source is preferred
Ineligible groups are encouraged to continue discussions about a community garden project with their Neighbourhood Resource Coordinator or other City Liaison. Groups may also contact Sustainable Food Edmonton to inquire about skill development workshops, events and grant funding opportunities.
Individuals and groups may seek membership at existing garden sites citywide. Check out the Community Gardens Map to find a garden near you.