Pop-Up Community Gardens Selection Process
The City performs the adjudication process based on the following criteria (in random order):
- Applicants would preferably be the lead of a community group or an organization and have members ready to garden. Multigenerational gardening opportunities are encouraged.
- Demonstrate proof of commitment (example: existing applications to the City of Edmonton's Community Garden program or other funding/partnership commitments; intentions to have a permanent Community Garden in the future).
- Willingness to create plans that guide the operations of Pop-Up Community Gardens.
- Priority neighbourhoods (based on number of grocery stores and/or number of multi-family buildings).
- Hard surfaces (pavement, cement or gravel) are preferred for proposed garden areas.
- Operational logistics about planter delivery and watering.
- Distribution of gardens throughout the city.
- Willingness to comply with the City of Edmonton's Community Garden Requirements and Alberta Health Services (AHS) public health orders.