- Anyone can nominate a front yard.
- You can't nominate your own yard, but you can ask a friend or neighbour to nominate your yard.
- Yards and gardens should be connected or adjacent to a residence or building that has a mailing address.
- Please consult Alberta's Regulated Weeds list before planning your garden or nominating a garden that may include these species. Yards with weeds may still receive a nomination sign, but volunteer judges use the presence of weeds as one of their criteria for considering a yard for an award.
- Front yards in bloom will have "curb appeal", and so should be in full view from the sidewalk - not hidden with wooden fence or locked gates.
- Yards should have easy access to the walkway of the yard for volunteers to place a sign and deliver a brochure (no locked fences or gates).
- Yards must contain at least 25% non-turf plants. While green lawns are quite common in Edmonton, our volunteers are placing signs only in yards where other types of plants add beauty to the area.
This program receives 100% funding from sponsorship and donations. Thank you to our 2017 partners, sponsors, donors and supporters!
Did you know that front yards are also celebrated in the winter? Check out the Front Yards in Bloom: Winterscapes program. It's never too early to get started on your plans!