- Anyone can nominate a front yard.
- You can't nominate your own yard, but you can ask a friend or neighbour to nominate your yard. For Balconies in Bloom, we accept self-nominations and third-party nominations in the form of photo submissions.
- Yards and gardens should be connected or adjacent to a residence or building that has a mailing address.
- Front yards in bloom will have "curb appeal", and so should be in full view from the sidewalk - not hidden with wooden fence or locked gates.
- Yards should have easy access to the walkway of the yard for volunteers to place a sign and deliver a brochure (no locked fences or gates).
- Yards must contain at least 25% non-turf plants. While green lawns are quite common in Edmonton, our volunteers are placing signs only in yards where other types of plants add beauty to the area.