Main page content begins here

What is homeEd?

homeEd is a non-profit housing provider established by the City of Edmonton to provide affordable rental housing to a mix of lower and moderate income households, with rents starting at the low-end of market. homeEd is governed by an independent Board of Directors. 

Over 800 affordable rental housing units are available within 19 apartment and townhouse complexes located in a variety of Edmonton communities. homeEd also manages a number of properties on behalf of the City of Edmonton. 

What types of accommodation are available?

Rental units include two-and three-bedroom townhouses as well as bachelor and one- and two-bedroom apartments. Accessible units for persons with disabilities or reduced mobility are also available on a limited basis. 

Who is eligible for this housing? 

homeEd provides inclusive, diverse, affordable and accessible mixed housing for individuals and families who: 

  •  are making less than median income which includes, but is not limited to, the working poor as well as those  receiving AISH and income support
  •  have been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless
  •  have special social or physical needs or
  •  are skilled workers in transition 

How are rents calculated?

In homeEd's non-profit housing, 70% of the rental units are based on "low-end'or-market" (LEM) rent. The rent for the remaining units is based on 30% of the tenant's gross households income with a set minimum rent. 

In homeEd's affordable housing, fixed rents are at least 10% below the market rent for the area in which the property is located. 

What is included in the rent?

Apartment complexes include a refrigerator, stove, gas, water and sewer utilities. Electricity costs are the responsibility of the tenant. Townhouse complexes include a refrigerator, stove, washer and dryer. All utilities are the responsibility of the tenant. 

For More Information

Non-Profit Housing Corporation (homeEd)

Bill Bell, Executive Director
12520 Fort Road NW
Edmonton, AB  T5B 4H8

Telephone

780-474-5706

Fax 780-474-8175
Website http://www.myhomeed.ca

End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content