How do I apply for the program?
Please review and complete actions recommended in the application process checklist.
Prior to participating in the First Place Program, the City of Edmonton strongly recommends that first-time homebuyers seek independent professional advice including:
- legal advice prior to participating in the First Place Program
- purchasing a condominium unit and
- acquiring mortgage financing.
Contact the Builders
- Have your financial lending institutions complete the First Place Pre-Approved Mortgage Form.
- Contact a lending institution
- Complete the Notarized Statutory Declaration. Your lending institution can refer you to a notary public.
- Complete the Agreement with First-Time Homebuyer or Agreement with Homebuyer/Co-signer.
- Buy Back Option Agreement
Affordability key for new homebuyers
It's one of the best buyers' real estate markets in years, with interest rates at historic lows, falling house prices and new incentive programs available. But many consumers -- including many first-time homebuyers -- lack the knowledge and preparation to determine what they can afford. Banking experts say this is the first crucial step toward making any successful real estate transaction.