Bring your group to the Reuse Centre for a fun, hands-on learning experience. Programs are available year round, but space is limited. Programs must be booked at least 3 weeks in advance. Payment must be made prior to the program.
All group programs include time for a free group shopping trip to the Reuse Centre! It’s an excellent opportunity to pick up supplies for your next group project or activity.
Fill out our online form to request your group program. Our Programs Coordinator will contact you.
Have questions or need more information? Phone: 780-944-7424 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Program Fees
- $85 — 1.5 hr program
- $100 — 2 hr program
- 50% of the program cost must be made at time of booking in order to reserve your spot. Program dates and times cannot be booked or held until payment is received
- The balance of the program cost must be made at least two (2) weeks prior to the program
- Fee includes one group shopping trip (up to 50 kg of supplies) at the Reuse Centre during your program
Group Size & Supervision
The maximum number of children permitted in a program is 30. The maximum number of people (including adult supervisors) permitted in a program is 40. Groups exceeding these numbers must book an additional program.
Adult supervision is required for children. The following recommended ratios are:
- Ages 6 - 11: 1 adult per 5 children
- Ages 12 - 17: 1 adult per 10 children
Ages: 6-11 years
Discover the fun side of reuse, which is all about making things look and feel new again. Become a conscious crafter and explore the basics of upcycling and crafting. Together, we’ll learn how reuse benefits the environment and our waste management system while picking up some handy DIY tips and tricks… just for kids!
Program Length: 1.5 hour or 2 hours
DIY (Youth and Adult)
Ages: 12 years and up
Why buy new when you can Reuse-It? Learn how to repurpose, repair, rediscover and recreate with some examples of everyday household items. Not only is reuse good for the environment and Edmonton’s waste management system, it can save you both time and money! Whether you’re looking to add some creative flair to your home or school locker, or just looking for a new way to use old things, this hands-on introduction to the world of DIY, reuse-style, is sure to leave you inspired and eager to start your own reuse projects.
Program Length: 2 hours
Green City Challenge
Ages: 6 years and up
Do you have what it takes to complete our Green City Challenge? Calling all eco-agents and waste reduction enthusiasts, we have a mission for you! Learn how you can help create a green city at home, school and work. Test your knowledge about waste and its environmental impacts in this fun and exciting series of mini-challenges. Hands-on activities to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Recover will get you thinking and acting green, and challenging your friends and family to do the same.
Program Length: 1.5 hour (Ages 6-11 years) or 2 hours (Ages 12 years and up)
- You are required to provide written notice of cancellation of your program via email at email@example.com
- Cancellations with 4 – 15 days' notice are subject to a fee of 50% of the program cost
- Programs cancelled with less than 3 days (72 hours) notice will be charged the full program fee
- Programs run rain or shine. In the event of poor weather, you must call 780-944-7424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not coming. If you cancel due to weather conditions:
- you will not be charged for re-scheduling in the same year, OR
- you will be charged 50% of the program cost if the program is not rescheduled