Engagement opportunities for:
- Tenants and homeowners that live in houses, including single detached and semi-detached housing, row houses and secondary suites
- Tenants and property owners that live in apartments and condominiums
- Tenants and property owners that receive garbage and recycling collection at the curb
- Associations that represent residents such as community leagues, seniors associations and residential housing associations
If you are associated with the management or maintenance of apartment or condo properties, please also see engagement information for multi-unit stakeholders.
Information and schedule
Phase 1 public engagement takes place October 1 to November 15, 2018.
Residents will have an opportunity to provide feedback on topics including, but not limited to:
- Options for curbside garbage setouts (single-unit residents only)
- Waste reduction and diversion
- Food waste and reuse
- Single-use plastics
- Zero Waste goal or target
More information about these topics will be available beginning October 2018.
Do you live in a house, duplex or four-plex with curbside collection? We will be gathering input about proposed changes for garbage and food scraps collection.
This waste calculator will help you understand what those options could look like for your household.