The Holiday season is filled with decorations, parties and presents - that often means a lot more waste. These tips will help you to reduce, reuse and recycle as much as you can.
Plan your festive feasts
- Plan to store and use your holiday leftovers.
- Donate unopened treats to local charities.
- Check your cupboards and plan your meals before grocery shopping so you don't buy doubles.
Decorate for lasting memories
- Pick quality decorations that will last several seasons.
- Donate unwanted holiday items to the Reuse Centre.
- Check out the Reuse Centre Pinterest Board for tips on how to make decorations with reused items.
- Recycle your natural Christmas tree.
Give waste-friendly gifts
- Wrap gifts using reusable materials like a scarf or gift bag.
- Buy quality items that can be used again and again.
- Donate your time and skills as a gift or make a donation to a charity.
- Give handmade items as gifts - such as holiday cookies or decorations or mason jar gifts. Check out Pinterest for inspiration!
- Examples of gift-giving resources: