Eco Stations accept some commercial (non-residential) waste but there are limitations based on quantity and type of items.
Acceptable Commercial Waste
- Computer components, monitors and televisions (max 20 monitors per visit)
- Tires (car, truck, motorcycle and ATV tires only)
- Large items (sofas or comparable volume)
- Items requiring CFC removal (fridge, freezer, air conditioner - fees apply)
- Electrical appliances and scrap metal
- Loose waste/mixed loads (brush, tree trimmings, garden waste, soils/gravels, lumber, concrete pieces, wood/vinyl siding, shingles, windows and fencing)
Unacceptable Commercial Waste
The following items are not accepted at Eco Stations:
- Hazardous waste
- Biomedical waste
- Expired medications (take back to your pharmacy for proper disposal)
- Radioactive waste
- Pressurized gases
The following items are not accepted at Eco Stations but can be taken to your community police station. Please call 780-423-4567 first.
- The maximum vehicle size allowed in Eco Stations is one tonne
- The maximum trailer length allowed in Eco Stations is three metres.