Sports travel grants assist Edmontonians with the cost of travel to championships at a western Canadian, national or international level.
You or your team must:
- Live within the City of Edmonton boundaries.
- Be of amateur status
- Be sponsored by or affiliated with a registered not for profit sport organization
- Have qualified through competition to attend the event
- Be selected by a sport governing body to represent Alberta at a western Canadian, national, or international championships, when there is no provincial qualifying competition.
- Be invited to try out for a national team or to an event leading to competition at international level
The event must:
- Be hosted by a registered not for profit sport organization
- Declare a champion at a western Canadian, national, or international level
- Athletes who receive Federal Carding assistance
- Athletes receiving 100% travel subsidy through the Provincial or National Sport governing body
- Athletes or events that represent or are affiliated with educational institutions or corporations
- Invitational events
Application Form and Guidelines
Complete and submit the Sport Travel Grant application up to 90 days after the event.