This grant assists with the:
- Establishment or development of a new community league
- Re-establishment of a defunct or previously amalgamated community league
- Merging of two existing leagues
The grant is provided once during the lifetime of a community league. The grant is $5,000.
You are eligible if you:
- Are a group of people interested in forming a community league
- Have the support of the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues, the City, and the affected community leagues
- Complete community notifications of the initiative to form a new community league
- Groups which are awarded a Community League Emerging Grant cannot receive a Community League Operating Grant in the same calendar year.
- If a group receives a Community League Emerging Grant, they do not qualify for any other operational grants offered by the City of Edmonton in the same calendar year.
Submitting an Application
Your application package must include:
- Letter requesting Emerging Grant funding
- Outline of expenditures related to the initiative
- Letter of support from the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues
- Letter of support from the designated City community recreation coordinator
- Letter of support from any existing community leagues that are affected by the potential boundaries of the new league
The group must submit the following documents within 90 days from the end of the first fiscal year of your community league:
- Audited financial statements
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- Copy of bylaws as filed with Corporate Registries
- Current list of Board of Directors with names and positions