Conditions for Use
- Equipment storage areas can only be accessed by City of Edmonton Leisure Centre staff. Requests for special equipment must be included in your online booking form.
- School teaching staff are responsible for all supervision and discipline of the students in all areas of the facility. Students will not be allowed in the water without a member of the school staff on the pool deck. The lifeguards are responsible for ensuring the safety of all swimmers and spectators. Safety concerns in the pool, identified by the lifeguard, will be brought to the attention of the school staff member.
- Children under 8 years of age require adult supervision in the water at a ratio of 3 children to 1 adult during school recreation or curriculum activities. Supervision must be provided by the school staff.
- The Educational Assistant should be prepared to accompany the student in the water as required.
- All school user groups will be given a Safety Talk by the lifeguard on deck before entering the water on the first day. An orientation to the aquatic facility is necessary to ensure all rules and precautions are understood by students and school representatives.
- Schools may be combined with other City of Edmonton public programs or other school classes to maximize pool use. The City of Edmonton Facility Bookings reserves the right to combine the recreational requests of more than one group for these swims as Recreational Swims are considered open bookings.
- Lockers are available for daily use at a fee of $0.50. The City of Edmonton is not responsible for any lost or stolen property or articles. Wallet lockers are available for use at most facilities, free of charge.
- Extra cleaning charges ($43/hour) may be applied if additional maintenance duties are required following a school booking. Payment is required by the school user group in this case.
- Please also refer to Swim Safe: City of Edmonton Safety Rules for Aquatic Facilities, Your First 10 Minutes at the Pool, and the Caregiver Supervision Workbook.
- Teachers/Schools must notify the aquatic bookings office of a cancellation or change to an existing program booking at least 16 days prior to the school's first booking date.
- A no-show or cancellation less than 16 days prior to the booking start date will effect your priority in future booking requests. The full program fee will be charged to the school.