Recreation is the experience that results from freely chosen participation in physical, social, intellectual, creative and spiritual pursuits that enhance individual and community well-being. Acts of leisure like playing sports, taking in a yoga sequence, coming together for a sweat lodge, or joining others to talk about a good book or learn a new craft are all examples of recreation.
Building Community Through Recreation Network Events are City-sponsored gatherings that come together to enable local recreation providers to enrich their capacity and to better serve local community members in their neighbourhoods.
Join with other community recreation providers in your City district to discuss local programming, share information and make new connections.
Recreation Network Events
We are excited to announce that we will be holding both Spring and Fall recreation network events in 2019 in all 8 network areas.
Spring 2019 Recreation Network Events
- Network 4 – Wednesday April 10, 6-8pm at Westridge Wolf Willow Hall
- Network 2 – Wednesday April 24, 6-8pm at Castle Downs Park Pavilion
- Network 8 – Wednesday April 24 6:30-8:30pm at Woodvale Hall
- Network 7 – Wednesday May 1 6-8 pm at D’Amore’s Mercato
- Network 1 – Thursday May 2, 6:30-8:30pm, at Edmonton Christian Northeast School
- Network 6 – Thursday May 9, 6:30-8:30pm at Alfred H. Savage Centre
- Network 3 – Monday May 13, 6:30-8:30pm at Highlands Golf Club
- Network 5 – Thursday May 27, 6-8:30pm at Prince of Wales Armouries
Recreation network events vary greatly across the city — some events included guest speakers and activities, while others focused on connecting people together to discuss issues related to recreation impacting their neighbourhoods and organizations.
Please RSVP to attend a network event by visiting www.eventbrite.ca.