Recreation is the experience that results from freely chosen participation in physical, social, intellectual, creative and spiritual pursuits that enhance individual and community well-being. Acts of leisure like playing sports, taking in a yoga sequence, coming together for a sweat lodge, or joining others to talk about a good book or learn a new craft are all examples of recreation.
Building Community Through Recreation Network Events are City-sponsored gatherings that come together to enable local recreation providers to enrich their capacity and to better serve local community members in their neighbourhoods.
Join with other community recreation providers in your City district to discuss local programming, share information and make new connections.
Recreation Network Events
We are excited to announce our upcoming recreation network events for Fall 2019 in all 8 network areas.
Fall 2019 Recreation Network Events
- Network #4 - Tuesday October 8, 6-8pm at Canadian Brewhouse
- Network #5 - Wednesday October 16, at 6-8:30pm at The Orange Hub
- Network #2 - Thursday October 17, 6-8:30pm at Calder Community League Hall
- Network #3 - Wednesday October 23, 6:30-8:30pm at Glengarry Community Hall
- Network #8 - Monday October 28, 6:30-8:30pm at Woodvale Golf Course
- Network #1 - Wednesday November 6, 6-8:30pm at Londonderry Community League Hall
- Network #7 - Thursday November 21, at 6:30-8:30pm at Strathearn Community League Hall
- Network #6 - Wednesday November 27, 6:30-8:30pm at Alfred H. Savage Centre
Recreation network events vary greatly across the city — some events include guest speakers and activities, while others focus on connecting people together to discuss issues related to recreation impacting their neighbourhoods and organizations.
Please, RSVP to attend a network event by visiting www.eventbrite.ca.