Main page content begins here

Edmonton’s resiliency is possible through the extensive and collaborative efforts of community groups and non-profits to deliver a wide range of public social services. To learn more, please call 211 or visit this provincial directory of the community, health, social and governmental organizations and services.  

The information will be updated as new information becomes available. Please check back regularly for updates.

Gender-Based and Family Violence Prevention

Alberta Government / AHS Family Violence During COVID-19 Fact Sheet

  • 24 Hr Family Violence Info Line: 780-310-1818
  • Chat Online (8am - 8pm)
  • Children’s Services: 1-800-387-5437
Mental Health Supports

Like physical health challenges, mental health challenges can take many forms. Every individual has unique experiences, personal traits, and responsibilities that affect their day to day activities. Sometimes balancing all the components of our lives can become too much—and that is okay. 

There are resources available to individuals who are seeking help or wanting to talk to someone:

  • Call 911 if in immediate danger
  • Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA)
    • Distress line: 780-482-HELP (4357)
  • Call 211 for information and referrals to connect to social, health and government services
  • Alberta Health Services Mental Health Helpline: 1-877-303-2642
  • Alberta Health Services - Addiction and Mental Health
    • Community Urgent Services and Stabilization Team: 780-342-7777
    • Children’s Mental Health Crisis Line: 780-427-4491
    • AHS Addictions Helpline: 1-866-332-2322
  • Visit Canadian Mental Health Association or AHS Help in Tough Times for additional resources.
Landlord and Tenant Advisory Board

The Landlord-Tenant Advisory Board (LTAB) provides advice and information to residential tenants and landlords to address tenancy issues and ensure both tenants and landlords are aware of their rights and obligations pursuant to the Residential Tenancies Act and the Mobile Homes Sites Tenancies Act:

  •  For advice and information, please call 780-496-5959 Ext.1
  •  To order forms, please call 780-496-5959 Ext. 2
  •  You may also contact us at our email address:
Support for Vulnerable Populations

City of Edmonton, Homeward Trust and community partners’ COVID-19 resources for vulnerable populations:

Financial Support for Individuals

You Can Benefit is an online tool that provides citizens with easy web and mobile access to information on local, municipal, provincial and federal benefits. Check to see if you qualify for any of these benefits. To get started, visit

You may also wish to sign up to receive information on financial resources and the latest updates on the current COVID-19 municipal, provincial and federal emergency support. To subscribe to the Earn Build and Save newsletter, visit

Edmonton Financial Empowerment Collaborative provides information about resources and supports to help visitors to the site earn, save and build towards a stable and secure financial future.

Community Gardens

Community gardens will be open this year. Guidelines for how to safely practice physical distancing in your local community gardens will be linked here ( when they are available.

How You Can Help
Health Information
Provincial Resources

End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content