Main page content begins here

During a potential Canada Post service disruption, please use alternate means to pay City bills and conduct other business with the City. 

Paying bills, taxes, fines, licence and permit fees

There are a variety of alternatives for paying:

Pet Licence Renewal Notices and Tags

Postal delivery disruptions at Canada Post may impact the mailing of pet licence renewal notices and tags. It may also cause a delay in cheque payments sent to the City of Edmonton by mail.

Pet owners are still required to pay for their pet’s licence and are encouraged to use other payment options (online at or in person at the Animal Care & Control Centre). Pet owners who would like to receive a tag immediately can visit the Animal Care & Control Centre at 13550 163 Street NW.

Pet owners are welcome to call 311 to inquire about when their pet’s licence expires and to learn how to use the online payment system.

Development Permit Notifications

During the current Canada Post service disruption, notification for development permits will continue to be sent in the mail. However, there may be a minor delay because of the disruption.

The list of applications requiring notification will be posted on the Development Permits web page.

For More Information

311 Contact Centre

Online Contact 311 Online

In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311

TTY 780-944-5555

End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content