Main page content begins here

With the Edmonton 311 Explorer, you can see on a map the various types of reports made to 311 in your neighbourhood and across the city.

About the Service

With the Edmonton 311 Explorer you can:

  • View the various types of 311 reports that have been generated near your home, in your ward or across the city on public property
  • Track the status of the reports, or even
  • Use the data sets to create, enhance or build applications!

You can use the 311 Explorer on a personal computer.

The 311 Explorer is part of the Open City initiative which guides the development of innovative solutions to connect Edmontonians to information, programs, services and engagement opportunities. Please note that protection of  privacy legislation restricts the release of some information.

Contact the City About This Service

311 Contact Centre

Online Contact 311 Online

In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311

TTY 780-944-5555
Are all types of 311 requests shown on 311 Explorer?

Only reports on public property are shown on 311 Explorer. Please note that protection-of-privacy legislation restricts the release of some information.

How far back can I see reports?

Reports on public property are shown in 311 Explorer starting from January 1, 2014. Note that not all flags indicate open tickets. 

What does open status mean?
Open means the service request has been received and assigned to the appropriate City area for review and action. Response times can be dependent on several factors including weather conditions, availability of resources and assessed priority of the work required.
What does closed status mean?

Closed means the appropriate City area has investigated your concern and has taken the necessary action to resolve your request. Please call 311 if further information is required.

What does the heat-map imagery mean?

The heat maps allow citizens to view the volume of requests by area. The darker the colour, the higher the concentration of reports.

What categories can I filter and explore?

Dead Animal Removal reports animals that are found deceased on City owned property.

Drainage Maintenance pertains to pooling water issues on roads, trails, or sidewalks and any draining concerns, such as broken manhole covers or storm outfalls, spillage or sewer odours.

Litter & Waste lists areas with overflowing garbage cans, requests for garbage cans and reported litter.

Parks & Sports field Maintenance includes any maintenance to City trails, pathways playground equipment, and sport fields.

Parking Enforcement includes all Parking Complaints on Public property such as abandoned vehicles, parking in a tow away zone or disabled parking stall etc.

Pest Management displays concerns of problem animals and insects such as tree bugs, wasp nests, gophers or beavers that are on City owned property.

Potholes captures potholes on roads and alleys.

Road/Sidewalk Maintenance captures concrete damage, cracks in sidewalks or roads, rail crossing repairs, displaced steel plates, paving concerns, and street sweeping requests.

Snow and Ice Maintenance includes road, sidewalk and parking lot snow/ice concerns, windrow inquiries, and general winter maintenance.

Structure Maintenance displays damages or repairs to structures such as bridges, stairs, and benches.

Traffic Lights and Signs includes traffic light signal or audible timing issues, traffics sign damages, and requests for traffic signs, bus shelters, benches and pads.

Tree Maintenance pertains to trees on City property; hazardous and non-hazardous trees, branches, stumps or dead trees needing removal, and trees causing obstruction of views that require pruning.

Vandalism/Graffiti includes damages or graffiti on City Structures, playground structures, bus shelters, government buildings ,utility and street lights.

End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content