Fare Vending Machines make buying fare products quick and easy. These self-service machines sell a single fare, a return trip, a set of 10 tickets and a day pass.
The machines accept coins and bills up to $20 and provide change on a purchase.
- Instructions in English or French
- Multiple tickets may be purchased when travelling in a group
- Audio and Braille assistance available
- Transaction buttons are at wheelchair height
- Scrolling customer message display
Travelling To and From a Special Event?
- Group travel: you can purchase multiple tickets at one time for you and your party.
- Single travel: you can purchase a round trip fare in one transaction (you will need to validate your return trip ticket).
Using the Fare Vending Machine
*Note graphics do not illustrate current fare pricing
Step 1 - Select a fare using the display screen and option buttons. If you choose a Day Pass, it is valid only on the day of purchase. Day Passes are also valid for 1 Adult and up to 4 Children (age 12 and under).
If you choose Ticket Strips from the "Select Fare" screen you may purchase a package of 10 tickets. None of the tickets are validated, so you can use them for future travel on ETS. When you wish to use these tickets, they must be validated at the Orange Ticket Validation Machine prior to entering the Proof of Payment Area.
Step 2 - Choose the quantity you require. All tickets are automatically validated for immediate use.
Step 3 - Insert payment using coins or bills up to $20. The fare machine provides change.
Step 4 - Pick up your fare and enjoy your ride!
Tips for using the Fare Vending Machines
- 3 Fare Types are available for purchase from a Fare Vending Machine. These are:
- Single Ticket - When you purchase a single ticket, it comes out of the machine validated for immediate use. When selecting the quantity of tickets to buy, remember that all of the tickets will be validated for immediate use. This feature is intended for group purchases (like going to a football game with friends).
- Roundtrip Fares - If you purchase a round trip, one ticket is validated for immediate use and one is not. The second ticket needs to be validated prior to use using the orange ticket validation machine.
- Ticket Strips - If you want to buy unvalidated tickets that can be used at any time – purchase a ticket strip (10 tickets). Before you make your trip, your unvalidated ticket must be validated using the orange validating machine.
Lost Money in a Fare Vending Machine and Refund Policy
- If you lose money in a Fare Vending Machine, Edmonton Service Centre - Lost & Found 780-496-1622 prompt 1 to be reimbursed.
- Fare Vending Machine Tickets purchased in error are not refundable. Refund receipts issued by ETS Fare Vending Machines will be honoured at the Edmonton Service Centre. In the event that a ticket machine fails to issue a refund receipt, the customer must sign an affidavit and provide proof of identity.