ETS’ key philanthropic programs and activities based on following criteria:
- Edmonton-based organizations that contribute to the social and environmental well-being of the community.
- Initiatives that contribute to improving the quality of life in Edmonton.
- Initiatives that support the volunteer efforts of ETS staff in their local communities.
- Initiatives that generate community support for public transit.
- Helps existing or prospective transit customers in some way.
- Progress the ETS brand image and service quality.
ETS does not contribute to:
- Requests for free or discounted fare product and/or charter service. ETS supports DONATE A RIDE which provides transit tickets to social service agencies.
- Requests for cash donations to fund-raising campaigns.
- Projects outside of the city of Edmonton.
- Political organizations.
- Events after the fact.
- Requests for ongoing support.
- When the organization is funded to a significant level by another level of government.
- Free transit for conferences. The ETS Convention Pass offers special pricing for groups over 50 people.