The existing service location will close on February 24 at 4:30pm. Starting February 27 this service will be provided in Edmonton Tower at the Edmonton Service Centre 10111 104 Avenue.
Edmonton City Council approved a special subsidized transit pass for recipients of the Provincial AISH (Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped) supplement who live in Edmonton. This subsidized pass may only be used on regular Edmonton Transit services, and is intended as an incentive for individuals with disabilities who receive AISH benefits to use regular and community buses as well as LRT. The Provincial Ministry of Alberta Seniors and Community Supports has agreed to cooperate with the City of Edmonton to make Edmonton AISH recipients aware of this program.
Yes, this pass is like an adult monthly pass, but due to the significant discount provided for this pass, it is not transferable to others.
No. This pass is for use on the regular transit system, that is, the regular 12-metre (40-foot) and articulated buses, community buses and the LRT which are all equipped with positions to secure wheelchairs. One of the goals of this program is to encourage persons with disabilities who are able to use the regular transit system with its many accessible features.
Customers can participate in this program as long as they are eligible and wish to purchase transit passes at the discounted rate.
Completed application forms with the required accompanying information can be:
- Emailed to ETSAISHPass@edmonton.ca
- Mailed to:
AISH Transit Pass Program
P.O. Box 2610, Station Main
AISH recipients who choose to participate in the City of Edmonton’s ETS AISH Transit Pass program may purchase their passes at ETS Customer Service Centre located at City Hall. Payment types accepted: cash, debit and credit.
After February 24, 2017, ETS Customer Service will be relocated to New Edmonton Service Centre on the second floor of Civic Tower located at 10111 104 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 0J4.
As of August 15, 2017, customers will be able to purchase passes in multiple locations including nine City of Edmonton Recreation Centres and three Edmonton Public Libraries.
- Participants must interact with all city employees including ETS Customer Programs Coordinators with courtesy and respect at all times.
- Participants must keep in mind that the ETS AISH Transit Pass Program does not work in conjunction with the Provincial AISH program office. We can only address questions and issues about the transit pass program and cannot address your inquiries or issues with the AISH income supplement program itself. For these matters, customers are asked to contact their AISH worker directly, as we do not have access to AISH Alberta records.
- Participants of this subsidized transit pass program must ensure that they advise the ETS AISH Pass Office of changes to personal information (address, name, etc.) as soon as possible.
- This pass is non-transferable and it can only be used by AISH recipient as purchased. Proof of purchase may be required by user.
Participants of the ETS AISH Pass program who will be turning 65 years of age should make arrangements with the ETS Customer Programs to exit the program upon or before their 65th birthday. If they still require a transit pass can sign up for the further discounted monthly or annual Senior's Pass.
There is no deadline to enrol. Eligible participants can apply at any time with immediate approval if required documents are provided.
Personal information supplied by applicants is protected by the privacy provisions in the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The City (ETS) uses the information supplied by the applicant in order to confirm eligibility to enrol in the program. The Provincial Ministry administering the AISH income supplement program is consulted to confirm that an applicant is in receipt of the AISH benefit and that they reside in Edmonton.
Lost or stolen passes are considered the same as lost or stolen cash and will not be replaced. Additional passes may be purchased at the regular adult rate.
Passes are intended for the use of AISH recipients only and may not be transferred or sold to others.