This program renews and upgrades the capacity of facilities required to support constructing, renewing and upgrading of the drainage system.
The Drainage Facilities Upgrading program will improve efficiency in drainage facilities, provide a better understanding of the condition of the sewer system and helps to meet the needs of system growth due to new development.
- equipment replacement
- construction of the residuals disposal facility
- development of IT strategy
- support of the Drainage Facility Inventory database (DRAINS)
- development control such as Permanent Area Contributions (PAC) system, and project status
- operational efficiencies control including Pump Well Preventative Maintenance, Regulatory Services, and data conversions
- improves efficiency in drainage facilities
- improves customer satisfaction through higher confidence in data accuracy with Drainage IT applications
- reduces work frustrations caused by paper systems
- supports direct, uninterrupted public service, and avoids adverse environmental impacts by sewer blockage and system surcharge