Main page content begins here

Residential Infill Website

We know Edmontonians are passionate about their neighbourhoods and express a variety of viewpoints around how infill can best be integrated into Edmonton’s mature communities.

To improve the accessibility of information about the many process changes and educational tools in progress to improve infill activities, we have launched an infill website at

Residential Infill Initiatives

Transit Oriented Development

Transit Oriented Development (TOD) is urban development planned around and integrated with a transit station at its core. In TOD, housing, shopping and employment are concentrated along a network of walkable and bikeable streets within a five-minute walk of a transit station (or 400 metres).

TOD supports Edmonton’s vision of a more compact, transit-oriented and sustainable urban form where more people walk, cycle and use transit than they do today.

Transformational Projects

Edmonton is committed to supporting the evolution of our neighbourhoods and City. Work is ongoing to transform key areas into vibrant centres for community life and activity. Current transformational projects involving residential infill include Blatchford, Downtown, The Quarters, and West Rossdale.

Area Redevelopment Plans

Area Redevelopment Plans (ARP) are tools to implement City wide policies in specific areas of Edmonton anticipating changes by managing land use and development. ARPs consider the impacts and outcomes of land use change, and help achieve livability goals by guiding redevelopment—including residential infill.

Examples of recent and ongoing ARP projects:

For More Information

Evolving Infill

Telephone 311

End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content