Main page content begins here

 In the coming months, we will be implementing a number of revisions to our planning and development services and processes. Visit to learn more.

Welcome to the Land Development Application system

Land Development applications are now processed online only. No hardcopy applications are accepted. 

The City of Edmonton's Development Services Branch has a web-based application process for all applications to be processed by the Branch. This online service is known as the Land Development Application (LDA) process.

Note: The site is supported only during business hours (8am to 5pm). It will be available during off hours but is subject to outages for maintenance as required.

An LDA includes the following components:

  • subdivide land into two or more parcels (subdivision)
  • create bare land condominium units (subdivision)
  • change the zoning of land (rezoning)
  • close a portion of roadway abutting one or more properties (road closure)
  • create/amend Area Structure Plans or Neighbourhood Structure Plan (ASP or NSP)
Online Application

Register for an account

If you want to apply and need assistance, please visit our office at 2nd Floor, Edmonton Tower, 10111 104 Avenue NW, between 8am and 4:30pm Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays) or call the department at the number below for assistance. Planning staff can assist in creating an LDA online at one of our kiosks.

Payment Options

Fees are not required at the time of application. Fees will be assessed after your application has been reviewed and accepted for processing by our department. When fees are paid, formal review and circulation can commence.

The City of Edmonton will send an invoice with the correct fee amount. If you have a client who is paying the invoice, send the email with the PDF to your client.

Once a file is ready for Council, advertising fees are charged. The Council date will not be confirmed until these fees are paid.

Fees: 2019 Land Development Application Fees
(Effective January 1, 2019)

Fees can be paid online with a credit card after you login in to your account.

In Person/By mail (cheque only):

Edmonton Service Centre
2nd Floor, Edmonton Tower
10111 104 Avenue NW
Edmonton AB
T5J 0J4


Provincial Requirements for Abandoned Wells

In order to satisfy the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER)’s Directive 079, all subdivision and select Development Permit applications must include the Abandoned Wells Confirmation Form.

Use the official Provincial abandoned well viewer (available through GeoDiscover Alberta) to identify the well location, or to confirm the absence of any abandoned wells.

The Abandoned Wells Confirmation Form must be accompanied by a printout of the map that was used to confirm the presence or absence of abandoned well(s).

For questions on the Directive 079, please email or contact the AER’s Customer Contact Centre at 1-855-297-8311. Any inquiries on the abandoned well viewer (GeoDiscover Alberta) must be addressed to



For More Information

Edmonton Service Centre

2nd Floor, 10111 104 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB  T5J 0J4

Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday
8am to 4:30pm


In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311


End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content