The purpose of the amendments was to ensure a higher standard of appearance for some Industrial Zones for properties adjacent to major transportation corridors.
Changes to the Zoning Bylaw are applied to new development requiring development permits, while existing developments with valid development permits continue to be allowed pursuant to the requirements and zoning in place at the time of permit approval.
Proposed amendments to the Zoning Bylaw include:
- Application of general performance standards to development in the AGI - Industrial Reserve Zone
- Clarifcation of acceptable forms of screening for industrial development
- Limiting the height of temporary storage for industrial properties abutting major corridors
- Introduction of more flexibility in the location of landscaping for the purpose of screening
Consultation was held with a variety of stakeholders from November to December 2016.
Stakeholders included members from the following organizations:
- Urban Development Institute - Edmonton Region
- NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Winterburn Business Association
- West Edmonton Business Association
- South Edmonton Business Association
- Adjacent municipalities