@PlanEdmonton is the official Twitter account of Edmonton's Chief Planner and City Planning staff. Talk urbanism, design, events and city-building with us!
Planners from the City of Edmonton’s Sustainable Development department monitor social media comments relating to planning and urbanism in the City of Edmonton for the purposes of sparking creativity, excitement, conversation and ideas around planning in Edmonton, and to foster open and positive dialogue with Edmonton residents.
Planners from Sustainable Development strive to respond to relevant questions and comments in a timely manner, but because we cannot engage in all conversations, we reserve the right to use our judgment in selecting the messages we respond to.
@PlanEdmonton will not engage in conversations that are of the following nature:
- Personal perspectives on specific city activities, events, or city-building initiatives which are political, stance or option centered
- Comments which are negative or portray the work of the City, residents, or partners in a negative light
- Comments not topically related to our services or programs
- Comments that are offensive to an individual or organization, profane, hateful, insulting, rude, abusive, aggressive or violent
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, age, creed, gender, marital status, socio-economic status, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Messages for advertising/marketing purposes
- Messages that contain spam
- Messages that conduct or encourage illegal activity
- Messages that invade personal privacy
- Information that could compromise public safety or security, or operations
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party
- Unintelligible or irrelevant messages
- Messages that impersonate or misrepresent someone else, including public figures, City staff or City officials
- Messages that we feel will not add to the normal flow of conversation, dialogue or debate