Did you know that the City hires 750-1000 contract staff to help carry out the Census?
Door-to-door collection starts April 22 — census workers will be in your neighbourhood visiting households that have not completed the Census online.
Want to get involved?
Please note: because recruitment is ongoing, applicants will only be contacted if a census worker opportunity exists.
Become a census worker if you:
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Are legally entitled to work in Canada
- Are comfortable using mobile devices like tablets (training provided)
- Are able to navigate outdoors in all weather conditions
- Have a personal cell phone for emergency use
- Enjoy talking to your neighbours
- Are looking for a temporary job opportunity
- Want to serve your City
Worker training takes place April 8-18 (3 hour training session required).
Successful candidates must also complete a police information check (no cost to applicant).