Did you know?
The City hires 750-1000 contract staff to help carry out the Census.
Want to get involved?
Become a census worker if you:
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Are legally entitled to work in Canada
- Are comfortable using mobile devices like tablets (training provided)
- Are able to navigate outdoors in all weather conditions
- Have a personal cell phone for emergency use
- Enjoy talking to your neighbours
- Are looking for a temporary job opportunity
- Want to serve your City
Applicants will complete an in-person interview in March, and attend a training date between April 8-18. Successful candidates must also complete a police information check (no cost to applicant).
See below for more important Census 2019 dates.