- Create a Username and Password that you can remember. If you forget your username or password please contact our Employment Office.
- Postings close at 11pm on the date listed.
- Ensure that the information you provide in your application is correct and true to the best of your knowledge and that you have listed all previously and currently held positions where the experience gained relates to the position that you are applying for.
- Visit the website once a week to view all positions that are posted. We post for a minimum of one week. All jobs are listed by posting date so that you can look at the most recent postings.
- If you are searching for a summer position, type the word Summer in the key word search. This will pull up the summer positions we currently have posted.
- If you have applied on a position with the City of Edmonton before, the system will remember your information and any answers to questions that you have previously provided. Double-check the information to ensure it is current.
- Set up to receive a notification when the jobs you are interested in are posted on the website.
- Sign in to the career site
- Go to My account options
- Go to correspondence (bottom of page)
- Select edit
- Click the box - Send me an email notification whenever a new position matching my profile is posted (job posting notification)
- Edit your profile by clicking on access my profile
- Select - Employment Preferences - Specify the work preferences such as the job category, the location, and the department.
- Select the options that better correspond to the professional interests
- Choose the categories of the jobs that you would like to be notified about
- Select Save.
- If you need to update your application for any reason you can select my jobpage. Find the job application that you would like to update and click on finish draft submission or view submission. You can then make the necessary adjustments.
Helpful hint: the steps of the process are outlined across the top of the page. You can click on the link of the information you would like to update and it will take you to the right place.
Apply online to avoid delays in your application being processed! If you apply in another manner you are required to submit:
- Resume/Application Form (with job number)
- Acknowledgement Statement
- Job-Specific Screening Questions
The acknowledgement statement, screening questions and instructions will be sent to you once your off-line application is received. You must complete and return these documents by the specified due date for your application to be considered.